Founded in 2010, Sweet Blossom Weddings is a full service wedding planning boutique with an eye for detail and a passion for weddings. We understand that love is in the details and your wedding is an experience that should last a lifetime for you and your guests. From conception to completion, flowers to linens, photographer to venue selection, Sweet Blossom Weddings will help you design an experience that illustrates your vision, comes from your heart, and is the signature of your style.
Our goal is to design a wedding that is unique to the couple and defines their personality through working together one-on-one in a relaxed and stress-free environment. With our guidance and expertise, we will help you with your wedding, your vision, and your dreams to make it the most memorable day.
Based in North County San Diego, we happily serve our couples in Southern California from Los Angeles to San Diego. We are also available to travel for your wedding. Please inquire for more information.
For nearly a decade, Melissa has worked with hundreds of couples to make the most important day of their lives a moment filled with happiness, tears of joy, and love.
“Wedding planning is more than creating a timeline. It’s organizing and helping create their vision for one of the most important days of their lives, a day they will truly never forget,” she states while teaching her team about the values and mission of Sweet Blossom Weddings.
Graduating from University of San Francisco with a BA in Communications and from University of San Diego with an Event Management Certificate, Melissa quickly learned that executing creative ideas, listening, and creating relationships are essential to being a successful wedding planner and business owner. With an entrepreneurial spirit and a natural passion for weddings & design, she was dedicated to creating a company that now has served couples from all over the country. "I am so lucky to do what I do everyday. I get to help create my client's vision and be part of one of the best days of their lives!"
• I love a good belly laugh
• I love cooking (my fav is Asian dishes)
• My husband and I lived in Brazil for 6 months and I learned to speak Portuguese
• I went to school at University of San Francisco and loved living in the city
• I danced professionally for over 10 years, 4 of those years in the NFL
• I obtained my Event Planners Certificate from University of San Diego, which is where I almost went to undergraduate school
• I try to live life to the fullest every day
• I have two sweet boys (8 & 10) who I adore
• I love pets - I have a Golden Retriever and two kitties
• I married my best friend 12 years ago
• I truly believe I have the best job in the world helping create my client's dream wedding!
Mackenzie is a seasoned wedding planner and has been with Sweet Blossom Weddings for five years. Mackenzie began her career assisting weddings on the weekends and fell so in love with the work that she turned a part-time position into her full-time passion. Clients have said Mackenzie is organized, professional, detail-oriented, and is an absolute pleasure to work with. Mackenzie has always put clients’ needs first and goes above and beyond to make sure the planning process is seamless and wedding day is a truly incredible experience.
Mackenzie carries an intense appreciation for San Diego and the sunny weather, especially since she moved here from New York State. She graduated Summa cum laude from SUNY Brockport with a Bachelor's Degree in Recreation and Tourism Management. Outside of wedding planning, Mackenzie loves to spend her free time dancing at music events and festivals with close friends. Mackenzie loves hiking, traveling, camping, beach days, spending time with family, and being grounded with some yoga. She lives with her boyfriend and is waiting any day for a badass ring. She is also obsessed with her two kittens Charlotte and Felix da Housecat.
• I love to practice yoga and exercise often
• I am eager to learn and explore new things
• I'm an advocate of a health and wellness and value balance in everything in life
• I'm a cat lady
• I love to make my own food and learn new recipes
• I love to host
• I grew up in a small town in Update New York, located in the Finger Lakes Region- here the best thing to do is go wine tasting!
• I will do almost anything to stay warm
• I met the love of my life at a music festival last year
• I'm currently taking classes to obtain a professional certificate in meeting and event planning
• I enjoy game night with friends every Tuesday
As a graduate of the University of Colorado Boulder with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Olivia has a strong background in interpersonal communication, critical thinking, and detail management. After five years in the wedding industry, she has refined her skills and found her true passion in wedding planning and design.
Olivia loves being a source of support and inspiration for couples as they navigate through the adventure of planning a wedding. She has a natural ability to connect with people and help alleviate the stress of wedding planning. Her favorite aspect of the planning process is helping couples create a unique design concept that highlights their personal styles and bringing that vision to life on wedding day!
• Weddings, travel, & adventure are my passions
• I've traveled to over 20 countries
• The craziest thing I've ever done was skydiving in New Zealand
• I have an adorable rescue puppy, Gracie
• The beach is my happy place
• I love to go hiking & camping
• I'm from Colorado & graduated from the University of Colorado Boulder
• I try to be grateful, thoughtful, and kind to others every day
• I love gardening & creating succulent arrangements
• I love weddings because I get to meet the most amazing people and help make their dreams come true!
Kaitlin graduated with her Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing from California State University San Marcos. During her time as an undergrad, she was a member of the Alpha Chi Omega Sorority and served as the event planner and Chapter President. She planned events from 50 to 200 guests and worked closely with other vendors and venue coordinators. This experience and her love of weddings sparked her interest to pursue a career in wedding planning. What Kaitlin loves most about this job is that she gets to work closely with so many amazing couples and gets to help make their vision come to life! Kaitlin will be there every step of the way and will ensure that your wedding day is everything that you have dreamed of!
· I love to dance, my favorite is tap and jazz
· I love to paddleboard and spend time by the beach
· I travelled abroad during the summer and went to Germany, Austria, Italy and France (Austria was my favorite!)
· I love spending time with my family and friends
· I was Chapter President of my sorority and it was such an amazing experience
· I have a French bull dog named Kona who is just the cutest
· My favorite part of weddings is when you see the grooms reaction as the bride walks down the aisle, it gets me every time!
We are honored to be distinguished members of Style Me Pretty Little Black Book, The Knot Best of Weddings, and Wedding Wire Couples' Choice Awards for the last several years. Our work has been published in Exquisite Weddings Magazine, Style Me Pretty, Cake & Lace Blog, and San Diego Style Weddings Magazine.
We are preferred planners at many prestigious venues in Southern California including Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Rancho Bernardo Inn, Loews Coronado Bay Resort, La Jolla Woman's Club, The Thursday Club, Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa, Paradise Point Resort & Spa, and more.
We would love to help create your dream wedding!
Please contact us by phone, text, email or filling out the form below for your complimentary consultation.