Founded in 2010, Sweet Blossom Weddings is a full service wedding coordination boutique with an eye for detail and a passion for weddings. We understand that love is in the details and your wedding is an experience that should last a lifetime for you and your guests. From conception to completion, flowers to linens, photographer to venue selection, Sweet Blossom Weddings will help you design an experience that illustrates your vision, comes from your heart, and is the signature of your style.
Our goal is to design a wedding that is unique to the couple and defines their personality through working together one-on-one in a relaxed and stress-free environment. With our guidance and expertise, we will help you with your wedding, your vision, and your dreams to make it the most memorable day.
Based in North County San Diego, we happily serve our couples in Southern California from Los Angeles to San Diego. We are also available to travel for your wedding. Please inquire for more information.
For nearly a decade, Melissa Reinke has worked with hundreds of couples to make the most important day of their lives a moment filled with happiness, tears of joy, and love.
“Wedding planning is more than creating a timeline. It’s organizing their vision for one of the most important days of their lives, a day they will truly never forget,” she states while teaching her team about the values and mission of Sweet Blossom Weddings.
Graduating from University of San Francisco with a BA in Communications and from University of San Diego with an Event Management Certificate, Melissa quickly learned that executing creative ideas, listening, and creating relationships are essential to being a successful wedding planner and business owner. With an entrepreneurial spirit and a natural passion for weddings & design, she was dedicated to creating a company that now has served couples from all over the country. "I am so lucky to do what I do everyday. I get to help create my client's vision and be part of one of the best days of their lives!"
• I love a good belly laugh
• I love cooking (my fav is Asian dishes)
• My husband and I lived in Brazil for 6 months and I learned to speak Portuguese
• I went to school at University of San Francisco and loved living in the city
• I danced professionally for over 10 years, 4 of those years in the NFL
• I obtained my Event Planners Certificate from University of San Diego, which is where I almost went to undergraduate school
• I try to live life to the fullest every day
• I have two sweet boys (6 & 8) who I adore
• I love pets - I have a Golden Retriever and two kitties
• I married my best friend 10 years ago
• I truly believe I have the best job in the world helping create my client's dream wedding!
Mackenzie graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation and Tourism Management from The College at Brockport in Western New York. After traveling and working on the East Coast in the hospitality industry, her passion for event planning developed after finding joy in creating well executed and enjoyable experiences for others. She is currently seeking a Professional Certificate in Meeting and Event Planning to gain more experience and stay on top of industry trends and resources. Mackenzie believes a successful event and magical wedding begins with proper organization and communication. You and your family are able to relax and really enjoy your wedding day knowing your vision will come to life, any issues that arise will be handled, vendors are on the same page, and your guests are taken care of. Mackenzie understands that your wedding day is an event of a lifetime and will ensure this incredibly special day is flawless!
• I love to practice yoga and exercise often
• I am eager to learn and explore new things
• I'm an advocate of a health and wellness and value balance in everything in life
• I'm a cat lady
• I love to make my own food and learn new recipes
• I love to host
• I grew up in a small town in Update New York, located in the Finger Lakes Region- here the best thing to do is go wine tasting!
• I will do almost anything to stay warm
• I met the love of my life at a music festival last year
• I'm currently taking classes to obtain a professional certificate in meeting and event planning
• I enjoy game night with friends every Tuesday
As a graduate of the University of Colorado Boulder with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Olivia has a strong background in interpersonal communication, critical thinking, and detail management. After three years in the wedding and events industry, she has refined her skills and found her true passion in wedding planning and design.
Olivia loves being a source of support and inspiration for couples as they navigate through the adventure of planning a wedding. She has a natural ability to connect with people and help alleviate the stress of wedding planning. Her favorite aspect of the planning process is helping couples create a unique design concept that highlights their personal styles and bringing that vision to life on wedding day!
• Weddings, travel, & adventure are my passions
• I've traveled to over 20 countries
• The craziest thing I've ever done was skydiving in New Zealand
• I have an adorable rescue puppy, Gracie
• The beach is my happy place
• I love to go hiking & camping
• I'm from Colorado & graduated from the University of Colorado Boulder
• I try to be grateful, thoughtful, and kind to others every day
• I love gardening & creating succulent arrangements
• I love weddings because I get to meet the most amazing people and help make their dreams come true!
Kaitlin is graduating with her Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing from California State University San Marcos in May 2019. During her time as an undergrad, she was a member of the Alpha Chi Omega Sorority and served as the event planner and Chapter President. During her time in these positions she planned events from 50 to 200 guests and worked closely with other vendors and venue coordinators. This experience sparked Kaitlin’s passion for event planning and wedding coordination which urged her to pursue a career in this field. What Kaitlin loves most about this job is that she gets to work closely with so many amazing couples and gets to help make their vision come to life! Kaitlin will be there every step of the way and will ensure that your wedding day is everything that you have dreamed of!
· I love to dance, my favorite is tap and jazz
· I love to paddleboard and spend time by the beach
· I travelled abroad during the summer and went to Germany, Austria, Italy and France (Austria was my favorite!)
· I love spending time with my family and friends
· I was Chapter President of my sorority and it was such an amazing experience
· I have a French bull dog named Kona who is just the cutest
· My favorite part of weddings is when you see the grooms reaction as the bride walks down the aisle, it gets me every time!
In 2013, Melissa, our owner, took Charm under her wing as one of her bridal and set-up assistants. Over the course of 5 years with the company, Charm's career has evolved with Sweet Blossom Weddings, learning the art of wedding planning, styling, design, and the constant embrace of change within the industry. She enjoys creating one of the best days ever for grooms and brides to help commemorate and celebrate with love and joy. Charm has received her BS in Marketing, a BA in Management, and her Masters of Business Administration. Her intense schooling has helped her take a walk on the creative side with her team, value organization management, embrace diversity and inclusiveness, understanding the power of collaborative work, and being dedicated to the couples she works with by giving them the resources they need to achieve their dream wedding. She enjoys the excitement of being a part of one of the greatest days for couples stating, "The beauty in seeing these relationships blossom is through the process of wedding planning and team work. The big day is the result of that process. The tears, the excitement, the surprise.. It's all worth it!"
- I love the great outdoors with lots of adventure
- You'll find me hiking, kayaking, paddle boarding, camping, ATVing, and swimming out in the ocean
- I ran into the Summa-Cum-Laude-Class-President-College-Hottie 5 years later after I graduated. I married him.
- I have an MBA in Management and Healthcare Management
- I am a serial entrepreneur & investor
- I love painting and working on all kinds of art projects to keep my creative spirit alive
- I am an epicure
- My husband and I collect and read comic books. Deadpool and Iron Man are my favorite.
- I have been with Sweet Blossom Weddings for 5 years!
- I love planning & designing weddings with brides.
Kathryn has been passionate about planning and design for as long as she can remember. From insisting on hosting and planning all her family friends parties, to planning out all her friends class schedules in college, planning and entertaining are her strong suits. Her keen eye for detail and logistics allows her to make any wedding she is planning go smoothly.
While getting her Bachelor of Arts degree, Kathryn worked as Melissa’s assistant for three years. She was instantly inspired by seeing Melissa’s love, hard work and dedication to wedding planning. After graduating college she could not wait to start planning her own weddings for Sweet Blossom Weddings.
• I obtained my Meeting and Event Planning Certificate from San Diego State University
• I graduated from college in 4 years after switching my major 4 times
• I used to be 50 pounds overweight and lost it with clean eating and working out
• I played basketball for 13 years
• I always cry listening to good wedding speeches
• I’m addicted to chocolate chip cookies and popcorn
• I grew up on the Central Coast in Pismo Beach
• I love dogs but I don’t own one
• Tropical vacations are my favorite vacations
• Wedding days are my favorite days!
We are honored to be distinguished members of Style Me Pretty Little Black Book, The Knot Best of Weddings, and Wedding Wire Couples' Choice Awards for the last several years. Our work has been published in Exquisite Weddings Magazine, Style Me Pretty, Cake & Lace Blog, and San Diego Style Weddings Magazine.
We are preferred planners at many prestigious venues in Southern California including Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Rancho Bernardo Inn, Loews Coronado Bay Resort, La Jolla Woman's Club, The Thursday Club, Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa, Paradise Point Resort & Spa, and more.
We would love to help create your dream wedding!
Please contact us by phone, text, email or filling out the form below for your complimentary consultation.