Choosing your wedding theme can be one of the most exciting parts of your wedding day, or it can be one of the most challenging. The theme should be a reflection of you and your fiancé. And it will set the feeling and mood for your entire wedding day. Here are some thoughts or ideas to help you come up with your wedding theme…
- Think about your favorite hobby (ies), either as a couple or as individuals – if you both love to travel, then you could do a travel theme and name the tables different locations you’ve traveled to.
- Consider the time of year and season you want to get married – you can select a theme around snowflakes if your wedding is in the winter.
- Picture the location you’d like to get married at – if you’ve always dreamed of a beach wedding, then you could do seashells for your theme.
- A theme can also be found in your selection of food – if you love food from Spain, then you could serve a tapa style menu and provide Sangria.
- If you’re from New Orleans or like the Mardi Gras idea, then you could choose a masquerade theme.
- If you prefer a certain style of wedding, then that could be your theme. You could set up vintage couches and have a vintage dress, if you like the vintage flair.
- Or your theme can be as simple as your favorite colors.
These are just some ideas to help you create your wedding theme. It is definitely easier to pick the theme first before selecting your dress, invitations, linens, menu, decorations, etc. So make sure to spend time on this part of planning your wedding day. Good luck!